Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baby Meli: 3 Weeks


"Babies are such a nice way to start people." - Don Herrold

It is amazing the love you can feel so soon after meeting someone.  I know that I carried Meli for nine plus  months but as with Colin that instant you first lay eyes on them...the bond is miraculous.  I always knew I wanted a boy but I will admit a girl had me a little nervous.  Although, I have become more so in the last few years, I am not the most girlie girl and was definitely not as a child.  Since my mom is secretly (well not so secretly) hoping that I have the most girliest girl possible I am guessing I will and who knows how that will go. Spending the last few weeks with Meli, I find that I am becoming super excited for the challenge of raising a girl and for creating a mother/daughter relationship that will turn into a wonderful friendship once our baby girl is an adult.  I am excited to help Meli on her journey to hopefully becoming a confident, independent young woman.

Meli is 3 weeks now.  We have been having so much fun with her...as well as frustrations.  What else can you expect - we are all adjusting.  Colin still adores her and loves being a big brother.  Meli probably receives 10-20 kisses a day - just from C man. He has been helping her with tummy time and changing her many diapers. By the way, Colin is almost in underwear all the time now, except for night and if we are going on a long outing.  So proud of my little man.  He took some steps backwards after Meli's arrival but he is working his way back up.

I am so blessed with two adorable and wonderful children and an amazing husband!  I love my life!
Here are some pictures from our week:







Not liking tummy time








~ Love, Hugs &; Kisses ~
The B Family

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful! I can't believe how fast time is flying by!!

    ReplyDelete