Saturday, October 26, 2013

Being Home

I think I am adjusted now to being home with the kids. It is more than likely a temporary situation, but one that I have enjoyed so far. We get so much time for crafts, playing and going out on little adventures. I do think that somewhat soon Meli will need to go to a daycare so she can get an early start on a structured "class" situation. We learn things appropriate for her age at home, but I think the interaction with the other kids is important. We see other kids in fun situations...and I love (for the most part) that both of my kids are not shy at all. Meli is still in her own 2 year old world sometimes and will not always notice other people, but after several minutes (or when she is ready to be social) she just jumps right in and starts talking to them. They do not get this from me. I am thinking the hubby was a not so shy kid! I am slowly working on Meli and the hair situation. She does not like her hair up in any way - but I am just as stubborn so I will win (insert maniacal laugh). She lets me comb it now so I sneak in a ponytail, just to get her used to it. She wore the pigtails below for almost 20 minutes. She is going to be an OSU cheerleader for Halloween and I want her hair in a ponytail...probably will not happen but I am going to try. Also, I know, I know - I cannot believe I am OK with her being a cheerleader. No offense to anyone who was but I was not my thing. I was too into sports and the idea of being one horrified me (but I was still a pretty big tomboy at the time). I think I would handle it better now if she wanted to be one. I think.
Ignore our messy closet, this is the last place that needs organizing after the move...
So things that have been going on....we are having so much fun with Halloween. Colin is getting really good at writing his letters. We are working on writing actual letters to the Virginia family members (so expect them in the mail soon)...we also did some cute Halloween crafts to send. I love his age (for the most part). Colin's class earned a Pajama Day this last week. Will and I tried to talk him out of his Christmas ones, but he had made his mind up. Even his teacher wore pajamas. I ran into her and she just said "it is so embarrassing". She looked cute though.

 
Will and I are getting ready for a Halloween party this weekend, so we were trying on our pirate costumes. We had originally planned something totally different and not matching but ended up with the same thing. I think our outfits are turning out so cute. Colin wanted to try on some of our stuff. So here is his pirate costume (with his school backpack still on for some reason) such a cutie!

 
This is us after we carved our pumpkins. It is a phone camera so kind of crappy but you get the idea. We have so many pumpkins this year. I love driving up to see all of the orange.
 
 
My dry-run of my costume. I have not dressed-up since I was 21. I am excited!  You are never too old to enjoy this holiday! Plus, my family did not really celebrate it too much - so I have to make up for lost time!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment