Thursday, December 4, 2014

December, It's Happening

Mima and P-pa's tree
 
I love this time of year so much! It surrounds everything with a sense of happiness and joy that just lifts my heart. This last weekend we got our tree, did our decorating and started some of our holiday crafts. The kids and I painted snowmen with a mixture of shaving cream and Elmer's glue. It dried puffy! It was seriously very cute. It is a neat sensory project.
 
Meli got to help MiMa and P-Pa decorate their tree. She had so much fun rearranging the ornaments over and over.

She tends to favor one branch


She kept rearranging the ornaments


Attempting to go higher
On Sunday, we tried a new church. I think that we like this one. There are a lot of kids for Colin and Meli to get to know. A few of my friends go there, which is nice. I love how the different churches in our town work together (no matter the denomination). There are always community things that are going on involving the different church groups. The church we went to is hosting a block party for the town's tree lighting ceremony. Then in a few weekends they are hosting a movie night (free babysitting) so parents can go Christmas shopping. Another church puts on a kids class once a week in the evenings. You pay .75 cents for each kid for two hours of babysitting. They play, sing and learn bible lessons.


Sunday cuddles. A perfect moment

Below is the shaving cream painting. Colin's snowman was in a snowstorm.
snowman painting


Meli helping dad make his coffee. I am pretty sure we are raising future coffee drinkers


Then they get to enjoy hot cocoa
I found the kids holding hands the other morning while they were sleeping. My heart melted. They are so sweet together. Most of the time. They have separate rooms, but like taking turns sleeping in the other's room.

My babies
The kids were the light testers. They took their job very seriously.

Light testing
We went a little shorter for our tree this year, which I think I like. We went with a Noble this year. A lot fuller thenlast year's   oversized Charlie Brown tree.

Our Christmas tree

No comments:

Post a Comment