Monday, November 23, 2015

My Birthday Week


I have decided that I am not a fan of duplicate numbers. I could not figure out why I was not excited about turning thirty-three. I was dreading actually dreading it somewhat. Thirty-two did not bother me and the idea of thirty-four seemed fine. I thought at first it was odd numbers, but I liked thirty-one. I probably would be OK staying thirty-one for a few years. I may remember that for next year. I will just start at thirty-one again. Why not?!?  Finally, it dawned on me that I was not a fan of twenty-two either. Or eleven. I do not like the same number repeated. Odd yes, but I have a year of being irritated by 33. Oh well, I am healthy, happy (knock on wood) and so I will not complain about my age. Plus, how often do you actually have to say how old you are? Most of the time I think of myself as still being twenty-six anyways. Or even twenty-one. The kids kind of remind me (rather quickly) that one is definitely not true.



I was able to have a nice spread-out week of celebrating. I started off celebrating by having a lunch and movie date with my mom. We saw the newest James Bond movie (I loved it). On a different day in the week, I had lunch with my little brother (Olive Garden of course - his fave). I also had a date night with Will (more on that), a lunch date with my dad (and shopping!), a trip to the Oregon Zoo, drinks with friends on my birthday (then a day of recovery), a family hike, and a family dinner with my aunt and uncles. Oh my! Such a busy, crazy week. I had such a wonderful time! I am so blessed with my family and friends.


The only downside is that I suffered from two more hangovers then I have had in a very long time. That rarely happens to me (for one, I do not usually drink large quantities), these two (in one week - horrible) were due to lack of hydration and weird combinations. I did not drink much throughout the days on both occasions. I also switched around more than I like to. One of the nights I had beer, then margarita (which I realized I am not a fan), and then to a cider with ice cream float thing. So good but horrible all together.



My date night with Will was so nice. We went to the Bier Stein in Eugene for pre-dinner drinks. We both did the flight (create your own) which was awesome! I loved the place and really want to go back. Then we headed over to Tacovore for dinner. I had an eggplant torta...seriously so yummy! For dessert, we headed over to Vanilla Jill's, where I had a hard black cherry cider with ice cream. OMG!! It is delicious!! I may have ended up sick later on, but man it was so worth it. Technically, I would not call this one a hangover. Oh, so I have only had a margarita on one occasion before. The drink itself was OK, but I do not like salt. Like, I do not even cook with salt. So the salted rim was horrible.



I am so grateful for my friends and family. I really felt so much love this week. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by amazing people. 


Next up, Colin's Bday week...



~ Love, Hugs &; Kisses ~ The B Family

No comments:

Post a Comment