More like cat month. Our story time has been interrupted more recently.
The kids both pick a chapter book that they wanted us to read aloud. This way we can read books that fit both of their ages. Meli will kind of listen to Colin's story while she plays and Colin will usually read his current book when I read Meli's.
Meli loves kittens and puppies. She was so excited at the library to find several chapter book series that were about both. So we started with Magic Kitten: A Summer Spell (Meli) and the Warriors Series: Into the Wild #1 (Colin).
Meli's pick is about a lion that is magical that has to disguise itself as a kitten in order to hide from his evil uncle who wants his throne. It is cute so far. I like the writing more than some of the early chapters.
I actually really like Colin's choice. We are both excited that this series has been around for a while, so there are a lot out there. I remember this one from when I would work in the children's section at Barnes & Noble. They even have a dog series and wild animal ones. This one was a little slow to start, but mostly because you have to learn all of the cat clans and long names. We did find a Warrior companion book at the library that was pretty cool. You do have to be careful reading that too much before the series, because you learn spoilers.
Reading to the kids is one of my favorite things to do. I am so glad that they both seem to get excited about books and the adventures that can be had.
UPDATE: We are now reading the third book in the Upside Down Magic series. It is not necessarily about kittens but the main character can turn into a kitten with dragon parts. That sounds weird, but it is a really cute series. The kids love it!
~ Love, Hugs & Kisses ~
The B Family
The kids both pick a chapter book that they wanted us to read aloud. This way we can read books that fit both of their ages. Meli will kind of listen to Colin's story while she plays and Colin will usually read his current book when I read Meli's.
Meli loves kittens and puppies. She was so excited at the library to find several chapter book series that were about both. So we started with Magic Kitten: A Summer Spell (Meli) and the Warriors Series: Into the Wild #1 (Colin).
Meli's pick is about a lion that is magical that has to disguise itself as a kitten in order to hide from his evil uncle who wants his throne. It is cute so far. I like the writing more than some of the early chapters.
I actually really like Colin's choice. We are both excited that this series has been around for a while, so there are a lot out there. I remember this one from when I would work in the children's section at Barnes & Noble. They even have a dog series and wild animal ones. This one was a little slow to start, but mostly because you have to learn all of the cat clans and long names. We did find a Warrior companion book at the library that was pretty cool. You do have to be careful reading that too much before the series, because you learn spoilers.
Reading to the kids is one of my favorite things to do. I am so glad that they both seem to get excited about books and the adventures that can be had.
UPDATE: We are now reading the third book in the Upside Down Magic series. It is not necessarily about kittens but the main character can turn into a kitten with dragon parts. That sounds weird, but it is a really cute series. The kids love it!
~ Love, Hugs & Kisses ~
The B Family

No comments:
Post a Comment